Built in 1812, the Readville Gristmill was purchased in 2006 by Tomm and Martha Brady who had a dream to restore the historic mill and surrounding structures and share them with visitors. The mill is open for breakfast and lunch on Saturdays from 8am - 12pm and the gift shop is open until 1pm.
The Readyville Mill complex consists of five restored buildings: Mill, Granary, Icehouse, Miller’s Cabin, and the Smokehouse. The Mill, a continuing restoration in progress, is the machine that converts gravity driven water into mechanical power for doing work: grinding grain, sawing lumber, generating electricity. The Mill is being restored to once again do these things and it is available to visitors who are interested in what a 19th Century mill is and how it works.
For More Information
5418 Murfreesboro Road
Readyville, TN 37149
Phone: (615) 409-1405
- The Arts Center of Cannon County, 4.7 miles away
- Cannon County Farmer's Market, 4.7 miles away
- Adams House Bed & Breakfast, 5.6 miles away
- Cannon County Courthouse, 6 miles away
- Lion's Pizza Den, 6 miles away
- Upper Cumberland History - Created 07/12/2012